Jan 8, 2013 |

DIY photo lampshades

SUPPLIES:
* LAMPSHADE –  The simpler the shape of the lamp, the easier this project will be
* GLUE – I used a hot glue gun for the first lamp. I tried repositionable scrapbooking tape for the second, but that didn’t work as well. You could experiment with spray adhesive or other, more permanent scrapbooking type glues/tapes. If you choose to attach something to the inside of a lamp, you can just use tiny pieces of tape on the corners
* VELLUM – I buy this in packs of 20. I used clear vellum – but you could also buy tinted vellum for a different look.
* CRAFT KNIFE OR SCISSORS, PENCIL & RULER – to trim the vellum, I used a ruler and pencil to mark the cut lines & then used a craft knife and self-healing mat to cut the vellum. Scissors and a steady hand work too.
* PHOTOS
* PRINTER – I have a color inkjet printer. I believe you can also print on vellum with a laser printer.

If you are using photos – you wouldn’t have to do a collage. Next I printed the collage on the vellum.
Once the pages are trimmed, make sure they fit around the lamp the way you want them to. On the tall lamp I made, I had to tweak some of the edges because the lamp was a tiny bit bigger at the top than at the bottom.
Two important notes on the vellum (in case you’ve never worked with it before). Be careful not to bend it – because the vellum will crease & once it creases, a line will always be visible in that spot (this is the main reason I cut it with a craft knife – the less you have to handle it, the less chance of creasing it). Second thing to keep in mind – if the vellum is printed with and inkjet printer & the vellum ever gets wet – it will most likely smear.



0 коментара:

Post a Comment